Friday, September 9, 2016

Retro fridays and sabrina the teenage witch

Sabrina the teenage witch is one main reason why I started retro fridays in the 1st place(which has now become a thing and people call it flashback friday) as the show gives me strong nostalgia. Every friday evening, abc used to have a block aimed at kids and teens and people in general called TGIF. I like the 1996 to 1998 version as it has some of my favorite shows. Among them is sabrina the teenage witch

Every friday I would tune in to abc to watch sabrina. Well boy meets world and home improvement also but sabrina was my main squeeze. Sometimes I would go to the santa fe springs swapmeet and buy some nintendo power magazines and pokemon cards and then come home in time to catch sabrina. Those are my strongest memories and from those 30 mins or less, I did not stress out about home work

The show itself is pretty good and holds up well too well actually, the only thing that dates it is the clothes and the guest stars such as britney spears. The premises is of a teenage girl that gets raised by her aunts and one night she discovers she has magical powers. Then her world gets turned upside down and it's revealed she is a witch and her cat can talk and that's all I remember from the pilot episode or the movie. Other then that the only major plot twist is when sabrina gets the assignment of figuring out the family secret

Since this is a sitcom, she gets herself in situations where magic comes into play and she goes to college and there is somewhat of a happy ending to the show but I never seen it since I stopped watching after she left high school

It's worth a watch even if you don't get nostalgia from it like I do and you will understand and mark out at the halloween episode of melissa and joey


No comments:

Post a Comment