Saturday, September 10, 2016

Retro saturdays and mission impossible 1

I saw this movie on accident when it was in theaters. How? well I was with my family at the movie theater in what I believe is montebello but is actually east LA. The movie theater on whittier blvd near atlantic, anywho 1996 was a pretty big year for movies especially for kids. The one I really wanted to see was flipper, I can still picture the title and rating and movie times on the marque. However my dad decided we were going to watch mission impossible

Only he didn't tell us and I had no idea until almost the end of the movie. I assumed this kid's movie about a happy dolphin was a dark film that pushed the limits of the PG rating. I also kept saying to myself "when is the dolphin going to show up" well no dolphin ever showed up, what I got instead was a cool action movie that placed a heavy emphasis on gum that doubles as an explosive device

I don't remember much of the plot or what the film was about even though I owned it on vhs and watched it a few times. I only remember the subway scene involving ethan hunt fighting on top of a train and jean reno being a bad guy

It's still a good movie

No comments:

Post a Comment